Some students seem naturally enthusiastic about learning and so, they have a great performance in group work or pair work. However, there are some students who are not good about group work. Teacher should motivate these students and teacher can work from students’ strengths and interests. I think my group is great and we tried to do our best for unit plans. In future, after I become a teacher, I will use the group work according to the technological devices. For example, while students are trying to do an activity, they can meet with Skype and they can meet face to face next time. When I consider the assessment part, I think that peer review is good because students can give their friends the positive feedback and they can check or control their projects according to these feedbacks. Active and passive students should be in the same group so that each student has his or her own responsibilities.
I think incorporating technology to communicate, like you said, could be a good thing. The students may need time outside of class to work on their projects and using technology could work well. Some students may be unable to stay after school or meet up with other group members outside of class but technology could help accomplish this.
YanıtlaSilI agree that students who are motivated and those who tend to be passive should be grouped together, however, I do think that there should be some way to create a more individual grading system. I get so nervous and uncomfortable when an entire group gets one grade and someone ends up doing all the work. Its a tough call.
YanıtlaSil