It was the first time that I was in online class and it was fun. I wore my pajamas and I joined the class when I was at home. I felt really relaxed. However, sometimes I faced with some troubles. Since I am not good at about technology, I could not solve it easily. So, I missed some part of classroom activities. Hopefully, you gave information not only by speaking but also by writing. Also, we have a chance to write each other. Smiling face, raising hand etc. are really good way to get students’ concentration. During the class, I had never missed my concentration because I had to listen all direction carefully. If I miss one part, I may not understand the rest. Perhaps, since English is not my native language, I looked carefully what you were doing. I hope I have a chance to use this elluminate session in future. I am sure that it will be a different experience for Turkish students.
I agree that the little interactions with the hand raising and checks are a good way to keep the students on task. It is a really easy way to see who is paying attention and who is signed into the session, while sitting in the other room watching tv.
YanıtlaSilIt can be hard as a teacher to really know if everyone is able to follow along or if you are losing people in the class. Most of the students in our class were good about letting me know when they were having difficulty. But being able to read body language can be very important and you can really miss that through this technology. The part about being in your pajamas is great!
YanıtlaSil