9 Mart 2011 Çarşamba

The Industrial Revolution - Community

Our unit will be on The Industrial Revolution and it combines history and English as a second language. I think it can be enjoyable for students because they are supposed to learn not only history but also English words about history. Students can learn the relationship between technology and culture. So, students can realize the effects of technology. My part is related to English so that the lesson will include reading, listening, writing and speaking. First of all, students will read their article which is related to the Industrial Revolution and there will be some blanks in the article so that students can try to fill in the blanks. Then, students will listen this article and they will check their blanks whether they are true or not. The words in the blanks will be key words for students. I would want to share or write their ideas about technology. The speaking part will be very important for students because they will pay attention to pronunciation and grammar when they are speaking. For example, students can introduce a technological telephone or laptop etc. as if they are presenting advertisement. Also, students can talk about the invention that they like the most. Also, there should be a presentation about the inventions so that if students want, they can choose one of them.

3 yorum:

  1. I really like how you create numerous options for the students when it comes to presenting their work. Sometimes I think we do not focus enough on differentiation. Allowing students options is important because it gives each student a chance to play to their own strengths.

    YanıtlaSil
  2. I like your ideas ;) I think history is a little boring subject and some students don't want to listen however with your ideas and activities it is enjoyable =) and fill the blank activities always help the students to follow the subject.

    YanıtlaSil
  3. Just make sure you challenge the students. Sometimes we try to make it too easy for students and they don't get to show what they know if we don't challenge them more.

    YanıtlaSil